Hey! Rachel Lowe from The Humble Tourist nominated me for the Liebster Award. Thanks, I really appreciate. Sometimes when you start a blog from scratch you have ups and downs, and you wonder if someone really reads you (well, you know someone does-google says so) or thinks that you are any good.
So this is a thumbs up for me to keep on writing and travelling, and part of that is sharing my experiences with all my readers.
And you will be wondering what the hell is the Liebster Award. So this is an award for newbie travel bloggers who are under 200 followers, more or less, I think is to reward and keep up the good work of someone who is starting. I felt very happy to be nominated!!!
The rules of the Liebster Award are:
- When you receive the award you post 11 random facts about yourself
- Answer the 11 questions asked by the blogger who nominated you
- Pass on the award to 11 other blogs with less than 200 followers
- Set your nominees 11 questions
11 random facts about me:
- I studied a chinese course
- I hate calçots (very typical catalan onion-if you don’t know it you should try it, it is supposed to be delicious)
- I lived in Tours, France for three months
- I use to have low marks in English -look at me now writing in English, my teacher would freak out-
- I love travel guides, can’t go somewhere without them
- Wine is one of my favorite things.
- I have lost 15kg in the past year -is all gone, I can’t believe it yet-
- I have always travelled around Europe, last December first time in Africa in Marrrakech
- I am an addict of the Great British Bake Off although it makes me hungry for sugary stuff
- I have always loved writing, I use to win literary contests in high school
- I worked in hospitality companies such as Mandarin Oriental, Accor and Hilton
Surprised? Anything that shocked you?
My nominees for the Liebster Blog Awards are…
11 Questions from the Humble Tourist that I will do my best to answer:
- What is your earliest travel memory?
I think from when I used to go to my granny’s town so we travelled for some hours and I felt exited because I liked the place I could go around by bike and play with kids on the street.
- What has been your favourite journey?
I loved Sardinia last year, we deserved a beach holiday with great italian food. Travel slowly is one of my pleasures.
- Backpack or suitcase/holdall? Why?
I am the suitcase type, because mainly we go to hotels, or hostels with private rooms, short trips so no need to carry a backpack with us and easy, as normally is city locations. So going from the airport to the city center is easy in a trolley.
- What’s your favourite airline and why?
To be honest, I haven’t tried so many regular airlines.. I would say British Airways as a regular airline, among the ones I tried. In Europe mainly low cost: Easyjet, Rynaire, Jet2 etc… I would love to try Qatar Airways.
- What’s the most interesting food that you’ve eaten on your travels?
Actually, nothing really weird as I have not went out from Europe much, but I would say bull balls was the most weird-funny thing. I can asure you it is delicious, I didn’t know what it was when I put it in my mouth.
- What’s your favourite souvenir?
Food. With no doubt, I don’t like decoration or little typical figures of buildings od fridge magnets. I think that food is something useful and it is a taste of the country you visited.
- Where are you going next?
Next trip planned is Sevilla, in Spain. I am trying house exchange for the first time so I am curious to see how it goes. We have contacted a family from there and we are staying in Ayamonte, Huelva an hour far from Seville.
- Window or aisle? Why?
Window. I have hipocsia in planes, I start feeling very hot and sweeting and I feel terrible in my stomach. It doesn’t happen often, but it depends on how they land or take off I feel awful so the cold of the window helps me a bit to recover.
- Is there a song that reminds you of an amazing travel experience?
Mmm…not really as such. But there are songs that take you to the travelling mood. We like car routes so we always take our cd’s, Adele and Celine Dion are good choices for travelling for me.
- What’s the worst travel experience you’ve had?
Marrakech was pretty challenging, we arrived at the airport and the transfer who was supposed to pick us up came an hour late, the driver went through a red traffic light and the police stopped us. We almost end without a driver because they wanted to take them in, luckily he convinced the officer but took all his papers so he would go later on. And when we arrived at the hotel we did not have our reservation. Luckily as well, there were rooms available and they sort it out. But not a very good beginning.
- Did you have to overcome any fears to go travelling?
Well my airplane hipocsia is one I would say.
My questions for my nominees:
- What kind of traveler do you consider yourself?
- Complete the sentence: Travel gives me…
- What is your next destination?
- If you could travel anywhere where would you go?Why?
- What’s your favorite city? Why?
- A travel that has changed your life. Why?
- Why you started travel blogging?
- Where did you experience the most cultural shock? Explain the experience
- Explain the story of how you met someone while travelling
- If you could travel to the past where would you go?
- Give us a recommendation for something we should try doing somewhere in the world
I hope you all enjoyed!!!