El Celler de Can Roca is the best restaurant in the World 2015 and guess what, is in Catalonia! The restaurant has three Michelin stars and it is well known around due to the quality of food.
You can imagine my surprise when I found out that in the opening party for TBEX 2013 (Travel Blogger Meeting) the food was from El Celler de Can Roca. What a great opportunity to taste their food and also feel like a princess in Sant Gregori Castle. Amazing place to have a party, an incredible castle surrounded by gardens.
When we entered the party they gave us some cava, a great one from Mont Ferran it is always appreciated. The opening night started with some cava and a speech and right after that with a fantastic performance of els Marrecs de Salt, els castellers. For those who are not familiar with the Catalan castellers, they do human towers, one on top of the other create amazing human towers.
We received the castle floor map to know what kind of food was in the castle and where was it placed. We could see in the map that there where different rooms where we could find:
- Local Beers: Popaire, Marina and Moska
- Barbeque: we could find grilled prawns, meat, some "bolets"-mushrooms- with a kind of pancakes
Cheese buffet: I just can say wow, there where loads of cheeses that you could not see the end of the room, if there was any doubt where I was, you could have found me there for sure. My favourite one called El Rull.
- Wine Cellar: Martin Faixó and Celler la Vinyeta, celler Empordàlia, Celler Mas Gelamà and Celler Setze Vins. Great wines all DO
- Rissotto area, great risotto I tried with veggies.
- Iberian ham area: as you can imagine, totally crowded but I managed to get a couple of ham dishes, incredible ham, good quality.
- Main dishes and appetizers served all around by waiters: the one I liked the most was some squid with bergamota.
- Outside the castle we could find: welcome Mont Ferran Cava and appetizers and the dessert buffet with catalan wine and Cava
Desserts: berries with mascarpone ice cream, also an amazing flavour of a cigar in a dessert -new textures and flavours-.
I will give a 10 to Celler de Can Roca, and also amazing staff, very nice cooks, I had the chance to chat with them so they explained me ingredients and the dishes we ate. Totally worth it!! I have already bro their website Celler de can Roca to see when can it be next time! Ever been?
Disclaimer: The experience has been offered by Costa Brava Tourism Board at TBEX conference. As you always know, no one can't buy love so this is my honest opinion on the services offered.