I never though I would be writing a post called the hostel of my dreams, I never liked hostels a lot after couple of interesting experiences I had when I was a teen. My first experience was when going with a friend to Dublin, sleeping with 10 other women in the same room, I remember tha when I arrived somebody had taken my bed...so let's say that I was at 2am with no bed to sleep in.
Luckily, this was just a bad start but I did not gave up on hostels. You know how I travel, cheap but nice and I love designed hotels and boutique type so I thought why not trying to go to hostels that have this style.
We started our hostels round two in Marrakech at the
Equity Point Hostel, where we enjoyed a local riad, lovely building, atmosphere, we loved it. We are a techy couple so there are certain things that are a must for us:
- Private room for two with a double bed
- Wifi: we cannot live without internet, so we make sure there is wifi in the accommodation we choose
- Possibility to cook, as this reduces the cost and it is a great chance to go local in the area, shop in the market and mingle with other people
- Breakfast: local specialties are a plus!!
- +1: swimming pool, excursions and activities organized from the hostel
So...our next round of hostels is in Thailand. We are so exited to go to Hisukhumvit hostel in Bangkok. We booked a private room, on our budget per night under 25 euros per room, you can see our full and detailed budget of Thailand.
Hi Sukhumvit is a style hostel with an amazing terrace to look at the city from the top of the hotel, we can't wait to stay with them!
There is something called luxury hostels I saw at the budget traveller blog , a hostel with a touch, designed and cool hostels around Europe, I loved the idea and I am determined to try it more often and see all possibilities that they can offer. A hostel can be a lot of things you just need to look for what you need to fulfill your needs and go for it.